0 people like as their hotspot. Login to like as your hotspot!
By Special Event
The Parkway Theater opened for business in February 1931 and has been operating as a neighborhood cinema ever since. Although originally designed with a Spanish Mediterranean exterior for reasons unknown, it was erected with a deco modern facade which was revealed in the summer of 2006 when they removed the metal facing covering it installed in the 1950's.
For the last four decades the Parkway theater was owned and run by Bill Irvine who took the reins in 1972 and brought it back from the clutches of an adult film venue and turned the Parkway into one of the finest independent and offbeat film venues in the Midwest.
So, now it's their turn to add to the long legacy of the Parkway theater, one of the last single screen movie houses in the Twin Cities. They want future generations to be able to look back and feel the history they tried to save. Hopefully the energy put forth today in the efforts will be felt for many years to come.
They presently have 360 set auditorium seats and 20 movable two person love seats for a total seating capacity of 400 guests.